Thank you to everyone who joined the NYSBRA Annual Meeting.
Please find below a few of the highlights from the meeting. The complete meeting notes are available here.
2018 NYSBRA Championship Races:
NYSBRA is happy to announce your 2018 Championship Races as follows:
- Criterium: Grant’s Tomb Criterium, hosted by Ted Teyber of Century Road Club Association(CRCA), NYC, 10Mar18
- Road: Bear Mountain Road Race: hosted by Ted Teyber, Century Road Club Association(CRCA), 12May18
- Gravel Grinder: Finger Lakes Gravel Challenge, hosted by Cory Kuhns of Towpath Bikes,Springwater, 12May18
- Track: NYS Track Championship hosted by Jim Lyman, New York Velodrome Association(NYVA), Kissena Velodrome; Juniors on 16-17Jun18 and Senior/Masters on 23-24June18
- Time Trial: NYS Championship TT, hosted by Jeff Poulin of Tioga Velo Club (TVC) p/b TiogaCompetitive Cycling (TCC), Tioga Center, 15Jul18
- Bids for the NYSBRA Cyclocross Championship will open in the spring.
Financial Updates: (refer to the 2017 budget vs actuals posted on-line)
- Income: NYSBRA received $24,342 from USAC and $3,050 from other sponsors totaling $27,392
- NYSBRA gave out $19,514 in grants to 69 different recipients, including 24 juniors
- Administrative costs were only $11,406
- Deficit for 2017 was $3,528
- Balance forward for 2018 is $30,173
- USAC estimates that NYSBRA rebates will drop $2,753-3,547 in 2018 due to reduced membershipand racer days
- NYSBRA Partners and other Revenue Sources:
- USAC rebates for 2017: $24,342
- Bikereg rebates for 2017: $2,353.50 (approx.)
- BikeReg sponsorship has been “huge” for NYSBRA to close the gap caused by the eroding USAC rebates so we can continue our outstanding grant program. Please support BikeReg!
- NACS rebates: $246.40
- Amazon Smile: $23.44 (approx.)