3. Targeted Grants
1. New Official Experience Program: NYSBRA will reimburse promoters the full fee for hiring Level “C” officials with less than 3 yrs of experience. Reimbursement is subject to prior approval by NYSBRA, does not include mileage, and is limited to 5 officials per event. The goal is to help new officials gain experience under the guidance of a more experienced official and add officials to events at no cost to the promoter.
2. NY Championship Events: NYSBRA will grant $500 to the promoters of the five NY state championship events (Road, TT, Crit, Cross, and Juniors) to be used towards expenses related to the event such as advertising, permits, officials, timing, porta-potties, medals, etc. The goal is to improve the quality of these events and grow our championship events.
3. Collegiate Cycling Program: NYSBRA will grant $500 to any collegiate program that promotes at least one USAC event a year to be used towards expenses related to the event such as permits, officials, timing, porta-potties, medals, etc. The goal is to improve the quality of these events and promote collegiate cycling.
4. “Free Entry for Champions” program: NYSBRA will grant $100 per event to any promoter that advertises and gives free entry for reigning NY champions (in the same race discipline), contingent upon the champion wearing the championship jersey during the race. The goal is to reimburse loss of entry fee to the promoter while building the prestige of NY championship events and NYSBRA. Promoter must recognize NYSBRA on all race promotions (e.g., flyers, website, registration sites, advertising).
5. Junior and Women Cat 4 Separate Field Grant: NYSBRA will grant $100 per event to any promoter that offers separate fields for Juniors and/or Women Cat 4 in a new Road Race or CX (not TT) event or an event where they did not previously exist. These fields must be separate on the course and not combined with other fields. The goal is to encourage more juniors and beginning women racers.
6. Moto Grant: NYSBRA will grant up $50 per moto up to two motos (max $100 per event) to any promoter that hires USA Cycling licensed motorcycle officials for their event. The goal is to encourage the use of motos and grow a cadre of experienced moto officials for NY events.
7. New Officials Fees and Background Check Grant: NYSBRA will reimburse a new officials’ license fee ($35) and Criminal Background Check (CBC) fee ($21.25) after the new official has officiated three times within a year of getting their license. The goal is to reduce the financial barrier to becoming a new C official.
8. National and International Level Program: NYSBRA will grant $1000 500 to any top tier (i.e., A-Level/Pro Road Tour/UCI) events in NY State to off-set and reduce the incurred cost associated with event production. The goal is to ensure the continuity and viability of marquis-level events that engage the larger non-cycling community.
Below are examples of formats for grants available through NYSBRA. Text in red should be filled in with your own information pertaining to the event/rider.