Junior Development Grants
These grants put up to $100 directly in the pocket of Juniors who race!
To be eligible, the Junior must have a USA Cycling Racing License, provide evidence of participation in at least five USA Cycling competitive events, and an itemized list of expenses up to $200. Expenses include the USAC license fee and entry fees to USA Cycling sanctioned races and events. NYSBRA will pay back up to half, or $100!
To apply, just email firstname.lastname@example.org the above information with a statement from an officer of his/her club verifying the claimed reimbursement and stating that the Junior is deserving of NYSBRA’s support.
Here is an example of a Junior Grant. Text in red should be filled in with your own information pertaining to the rider.
(Grant requests must normally be made in the same calendar year as the expenses to be reimbursed.)
For details please refer to the complete Grant Document on the NYSBRA Resources page
2. Junior Development Grant Program
- To provide assistance to NY Juniors with the goal of encouraging their development in the sport of organized cycling.
- Benefit to NY Juniors:
- NYSBRA will refund 1/2 of the entry fee for USA Cycling annual racing license, and USA Cycling-sanctioned events up to a $100 per year for each eligible NY Junior.
- NYSBRA will also consider requests for support in reputable road and track training camps and seminars as well as other events on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant may apply every year that they meet all eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must have a valid USA Cycling Racing License with a racing age up to 18 years old.
- The applicant must provide evidence of participation in at least five USA Cycling competitive events during the year.
- The applicant must provide an itemized list of expenses for which he/she requests reimbursement, up to $200.
- The applicant must provide a statement from an officer of his/her club verifying the claimed reimbursement and stating that the applicant has contributed to the advancement of cycling, for example, through volunteering and sportsmanship, and is deserving of NYSBRA’s support.
- Grant requests must normally be made in the same calendar year as the expenses to be reimbursed.