- Grants must normally be requested and approved in advance of the event.
NYSBRA normally requires 30 calendar days to review grant applications. (Note: this means applications for grants should be requested at least 30 days in advance of the event!)
- Submit grant applications by email to email@example.com. Applicants may also submit grant applications to any member of the NYSBRA Board of Directors (normally their region’s representative).
- The application is subject to approval by a majority vote of the NYSBRA Board of Directors.
- The decision of the NYSBRA Board of Directors to approve or not approve a grant is final.
- The NYSBRA treasurer will budget a fixed amount per year for each grant program. A majority of the NYSBRA Board of Directors must approve expenses beyond the budgeted amounts.
- NYSBRA may discontinue or suspend any grant program or individual grant by majority vote of the Board of Directors for any reason, such as non-availability of funds or failure of the applicant to adhere to the terms of the grant.
- Grants may be cumulative; e.g., a Championship event receiving $500 may also request $70 to hire a new C Official.
- Mission grants are approved by the entire NYSBRA officers and Board
- Junior Development grants are approved by the NYSBRA President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer
- Targeted grants are approved by the NYSBRA President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer
- Upon acceptance of mission grant (does not apply to Junior grants):
- the applicant must show the NYSBRA logo on all literature for the event. Where practical (e.g., space permitting, being consistent with recognition for other sponsors) also state on event publicity: “This event supported by a grant from the New York State Bicycle Racing Association (NYSBRA)”.
- after the event, applicant must write a short written report to NYSBRA about the event and how the mission grant helped make the event a success. Upon request, the applicant must include an itemized expense report showing how the applicant used the grant funds, with receipts.
- Approved grants shall be paid after completion of the events and all paperwork submitted. For clinics this is the short written report (email); for races this includes post- event paperwork, fees, and submission of race results to USAC.